From: "Michael A. Terrell"
Subject: Re: American vs foreign electrical parts and installations
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:37:50 -0400
Organization: I'm trying!
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.61 [en]C-CCK-MCD (Win95; U)
Bob Wilson wrote:
> Some years ago, our next door neighbor's 1-year-old nearly electrocuted
> herself (and got severe burns in the process) as a result of touching the
> UL/CSA approved North American style plugs we use here. If we had an
> intelligently designed plug like the Schuko, this would never have happened.
One again, another "AMERICA IS PURE EVIL!" post from Bob Wilson.
Yes, the child should not have been injured. Tell me, where were the
parents, or other adults when this happened? Tell me again how many
million kids die every year from this "Evil" design. Not millions?
Maybe it was thousands? Ok, maybe hundreds? Not even a dozen? Some
hard facts here, Please!.
Swimming pools kill more kids than electrical devices, yet I don't
hear you screaming that they are poorly designed. I guess those kids
don't matter to you. The only kid I have heard of in the last couple
years being hurt by electricity was a couple months ago. A direct
lightning strike hit him while he was riding a jet ski on a clear day.
He lived, but suffered second and third degree burns all over his body.
He is out of the hospital and back home, but he'll never be the same kid
With your sorry attitude, they should just live without electricity.
And to be safe, get rid of all the furniture. Oh, yes! get rid of the
forks and knives from the kitchen. Then again, nothing is safe to eat,
the air is poisoned, and the world is radioactive. Why not just have
everyone drink poison KOOL-AID and eliminate the wait to die? In your
version of the world no one ever dies of old age, they are all murdered
by greedy bastards.
There is no excuse for allowing a child to get their hands on a plug
in the first place. With small children in a home you take steps to
eliminate the obvious dangers. Plugs should be behind furniture to keep
them out of a child's grasp. Cabinet doors should have safety latches.
Anything that is used short term, like a vacuum cleaner should be put
away, out of reach when you finish, and it isn't difficult to keep an
eye on the cord while you are using it.
Did you hear on the news about the little girl that was killed in a
Circuit City story when a large TV fell off the stand and crushed her?
Of course, the news claimed it was the store's fault. Have you never
seen kids running wild in a retail store, climbing shelf to shelf to get
what they wanted while their parents ignored the danger? Then when
something happens, they scream for their lawyer to try to put the store
out of business with heavy settlements. I don't agree with your sorry
whining, Bob. It was the fault of the child and who ever was
responsible for her at the time it happened. that is, unless they are
all incompetent. In that case they should have all been under someone
else's care. tell me, is it normal for canadians to blame everyone else
for their own problems? I truly hope it is just a character fault of
yours, instead of the whole country.
An old fart since August 5th, 2002!
Michael A. Terrell
Check out my web site and tell me what you think.
I'm up to 160 pages, and still working on it.