The Cyber-Spy.Com Usenet Archive Feeds Directly
From The Open And Publicly Available Newsgroup
This Group And Thousands Of Others Are Available
On Most IS NNTP News Servers On Port 119.
Cyber-Spy.Com Is NOT Responsible For Any Topic,
Opinions Or Content Posted To This Or Any Other
Newsgroup. This Web Archive Of The Newsgroup And
Posts Are For Informational Purposes Only.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (N. Thornton)
Subject: Re: Any ideas on measuring radiation in the home ?
Date: 27 Sep 2002 05:07:45 -0700
NNTP-Posting-Date: 27 Sep 2002 12:07:45 GMT
This is a primarily expert newsgroup and we are on our home ground
here. We really do know what we're talking about. I find it wise to
evaluate someone's level of expertise, and bear that in mind when
evaluating their replies.
> * some said the transformer/magnetron is energized when off; some said
> transformer is not energized : therefore this is inconclusive (also one
> person needs consultation money)
There are 2 transfomers in an electronically controlled oven. The
small one is always energised. the big one is only energised to drive
the magnetron that produces microwaves.
Ad hominem rarely resolves anything.
> *>As others have already
> >mentioned, having the microwave turned off is irrelevant -- it still has
> >an energized transformer, and it will still produce an indictive spike
> >when unplugged.
You might search for 'inductive kick' if you dont understand that.
> Any ideas on measuring general radiation levels ?
What sort of radiation are you referring to? It is not clear. Rf,
ionising, thermal, light, microwave?
If you mean microwave, there isn't a problem to start with.
Conventional cooking is far more dangerous, so if its for your benefit
you might want to look there - or if you dont believe me either, look
at accident statistics. And note how many householders die of
radiation per year.
> < I am doing this for general benefit of all (including myself); so the paid
> consulting option is ruled out - that's a cheap shot;
You asked a group of experts but dont accept our answers. So maybe it
was sensible advice. It might be a learning experience.
> also, any negative
> advice and put-downs are filtered out by a low-pass filter >
A low pass filter would allow low comments through.
If you used a high pass filter, only the advice of those on drugs
would reach you.
> > I just noticed that even unplugging an microwave oven while not in use
> > releases a burst of radiation (even at 2 feet away with the oven closed).
> > used a small led detector.>
You appear to put more faith in cheap shot advertising (from someone
only after your money) than from a panel of impartial experts. Might
be worth thinking about.
Go Back To The Cyber-Spy.Com
Usenet Web Archive Index Of
The sci.electronics.design Newsgroup