NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 03:15:27 -0600
From: Barry Lennox
Subject: Re: Problems with using Aerosol Photoresist
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 22:16:44 +1300
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.8/32.548
X-Original-Trace: 30 Nov 2002 22:15:24 +1300, b001-m008-p062.chch.clear.net.nz
Organization: CLEAR Net New Zealand http://www.clear.net.nz - Complaints firstname.lastname@example.org
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:28:05 +1100, "Ross"
>Has anyone out there had any success in using the Electrolube PRP positive
>photoresist for making PCB's. I understand this product has changed
>recently from an easy to use blue chemical, to the current green
In a word NO!
In my experience, the new formulation is a disaster, and I took it
back to the supplier. Never had a problem with the older one, once I
got the process sorted out, but the new one was hopeless. The main
problem seemed to be inconsistent results with the same exposure time,
temp, developer strength. Maybe I didn't spend enough time getting the
process under control (Only 2 days of very frustrating messing about
!!) but anyway, it behoves the manufacturer to tell the users if they
have made some formulation change, and therefore what process changes
may or may not be required.
I'll never touch it again.