The Cyber-Spy.Com Usenet Archive Feeds Directly
From The Open And Publicly Available Newsgroup
This Group And Thousands Of Others Are Available
On Most IS NNTP News Servers On Port 119.
Cyber-Spy.Com Is NOT Responsible For Any Topic,
Opinions Or Content Posted To This Or Any Other
Newsgroup. This Web Archive Of The Newsgroup And
Posts Are For Informational Purposes Only.
From: Robert Baer
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.75 [en] (Win98; U)
Subject: Re: Quickie Thermal Probe
References: <3DF8FDBE.34F2@Spam.Bots> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3DF93BF0.2EC3@Spam.Bots> <3DF94027.88C07A44@earthlink.net> <3DF9C156.7363@Spam.Bots>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:42:56 GMT
NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:42:56 PST
Organization: EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net
Mike Monett wrote:
> Robert Baer wrote:
> > I thought that once one had mold spores, that it was essentially
> > impossible to get rid of them; only possible to greatly delay their
> > reproduction.
> Yes, reducing the humidity helps. For example, the dryers in the basement
> were installed poorly, and they vented the humid air inside. I died every
> time someone did their laundry:)
> I got permission from the landlord to vent them properly. Good thing,
> since I discovered the dryers had a short section of plastic hose at the
> outlet. With the lint buildup and high temperatures, the plastic showed
> clear signs of overheating. According to insurance companies, there are
> 14,800 house fires each year due to the plastic hose catching on fire.
> It's all aluminum now.
> > There is an anti-mold additive for paints, so that one can re-paint
> > affected surfaces.
> Yes, I have used Zinsser and it does work if you apply enough coats. But
> it's not possible to paint the inside of heating ducts and between the
> > I had to do that once and the result was very effective for the 5
> > years i was in that particular house.
> > I also understand that there is a possibility of serious reprocussions
> > when one drastically impeads airflow (replacement of air) in a building;
> > it can get "sick" (and the finding and fixing near impossible).
> Yes, I experienced this in a previous house. Once mold gets in the
> carpets, there is no alternative except to move.
> > So it may be a good idea to investigate these issues and learn from
> > the majority wisdom.
> I found most of the references are quite accurate. Mold is everywhere,
> and it doesn't bother most people. The problem is once you become
> sensitized, the slightest amount of mold can make you very ill.
..."very ill" indeed!
I knew someone that was so sensitized they hire someone to check out
prospective lodgings before they move; that person landed in the
hospital a few times before he started that personal security (health)
Go Back To The Cyber-Spy.Com
Usenet Web Archive Index Of
The sci.electronics.design Newsgroup