From: John Woodgate
Subject: Re: ozone generator diy
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:29:09 +0000
Organization: JMWA Electronics Consultancy
Reply-To: John Woodgate
NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:47:31 +0000 (UTC)
X-Newsreader: Turnpike (32) Version 4.01 <5Z8C9wtxbnpWyFnyfFzqmVF739>
I read in sci.electronics.design that Gary Lecomte
wrote (in ) about 'ozone generator diy', on Mon, 13 Jan 2003:
>Generators also produce large quantities of Nitrous Oxide, which in
>moist air turns in NITRIC ACID! Extremely corrosive and dangerous.
Nitrous oxide N2O ('laughing gas') is stable in air. It wouldn't be a
useful analgesic and anaesthetic if it turned to nitric acid in your
lungs, although that would help you cough (for a while).
Nitric oxide NO is not stable in air: it oxidises spontaneously to
dinitrogen tetroxide N2O4, which forms the brown fumes above
concentrated nitric acid, and indeed dissolves freely in water to form
You get NO from an ozonizer if you over-drive it. So, DON'T.
Regards, John Woodgate, OOO - Own Opinions Only. http://www.jmwa.demon.co.uk
Interested in professional sound reinforcement and distribution? Then go to
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!