The Cyber-Spy.Com Usenet Archive Feeds Directly
From The Open And Publicly Available Newsgroup
This Group And Thousands Of Others Are Available
On Most IS NNTP News Servers On Port 119.
Cyber-Spy.Com Is NOT Responsible For Any Topic,
Opinions Or Content Posted To This Or Any Other
Newsgroup. This Web Archive Of The Newsgroup And
Posts Are For Informational Purposes Only.
From: "Phil Allison"
References: <8mUU9.24067$jM5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <5b0V9.24185$jM5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Subject: Re: Austin Instruments to Close
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4522.1200
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:23:08 +1100
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:12:05 EST
Organization: Telstra BigPond Internet Services (http://www.bigpond.com)
"Frank Bemelman" wrote in message
> "Phil Allison" schreef in bericht
> > "Frank Bemelman" wrote in message
> > news:firstname.lastname@example.org...
> > > For instance, I live occasionally in a balloon, people have to yell
> > > 2 times at me, before I give a response.
> > ** Yes. That is a very autistic trait to pay no heed to others.
> IMO you are using the term autistic too easily.
** That could easily be, since I have so little to go on with just the
typed words on my screen and no real people to speak to and observe.
In face to face situations there are several classic give aways of the
1. Lack of eye contact - some will go to extremes NOT to look at you when
they are talking.
2. Strange hesitations in making responses and then seeming to go OT a
3. Lack of sympathy with the concerns of other persons - but an obsession
with their own.
4. Lack of comprehesion of even simple statements till they have had a
while to dwell on them.
5. An obsession with rituals and repetition - they will not want to enter
an unfamilar shop to buy something for example.
6. Lack of a social life, a reluctance to invite people around and they
are awful hosts.
7. Lines of work that do not involve contact with the public - except in a
8. Heavily laden bookshelves or collections of recordings etc.
9. They often own lots of fetish items like expensive hi-fi, furniture or
10. Little connection with any place - they like to move and travel for no
11. They often ( 30% ) have a heart condition that shortens their life
expectation to 50 or so.
12. They will marry another person the same and have affected children
too ( if they do)
13. They think there is something wrong with normal people and find them
hard to be with for long periods as is the converse.
> Remember, the meaning of a word is defined by the crowd, not you ;)
Sure, but I believe I am using it correctly - but not as it is most
often heard since adult autism is an X rated subject.
I have one autistic friend , an EE, who recently actually admitted it
after 33 years of me knowing him. He became aware after some of his kids
were disgnosed as sufferers.
He works at a Uni here in Sydney with many other engineers and
academics - 80% of whom he regards as like him. I asked what about the
other 20% - "oh, they run the place " he said.
Go Back To The Cyber-Spy.Com
Usenet Web Archive Index Of
The sci.electronics.design Newsgroup