From: "Mike Engelhardt"
Subject: LTspice/SwitcherCAD III Update Ver. 2.00c
Date: 20 Jan 2003 23:39:42 GMT
Reply-To: "Mike Engelhardt"
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
There's a new version of LTspice/SwitcherCAD III
available. This version introduces a graphical
symbol editor, unlimited hierarchical schematics,
updated help documentation and improved
This program will run those Pspice models in
public domain or available from vender sites, but
faster and more reliably than Pspice.
Version 2.00c is available for immediate download
People with earlier versions installed can use the
"Tools=>Sync Release" menu option to incrementally
update to the current version. However, if your
version predates April 10, 2002, you will have to
run the update command twice to get to the current
This is a free, high-performance, unlimited, fully
functional SPICE simulator with unlimited integrated
schematic capture and waveform viewer. It is not
shareware or a demo. It is a fully functional
* P-SPICE compatible semiconductors models, e.g.:
- diode recombination current
- bipolar quasi saturation
- JFET impact ionization
* P-SPICE behavioral modeling, both legacy POLY()
statements and arbitrary expressions, Laplace,
and look-up tables.
* P-SPICE netlist compatibility for .param, .func,
* Multiple entries in a single library(hspice syntax)
* MOSFET models my be binned by size.
* New devices such as an arbitrary capacitance. Write
an expression for the charge, it symbolically
differentiates the expression and integrates the
capacitances. (Useful for rapid prototyping new,
hypothetical, transistor behavior.
* Temperature, model parameter or global parameter sweeps
* An original mixed-mode simulator(not xspice based)
* A VDMOS transistor device that intrinsically handles
the power MOSFET's gate charge behavior
* BSIM 3.2.4, BSIM 4.2.1, BSIMPD2.2.3, and EKV 2.62
* Marching waveforms/cross probing of any device or
subcircuit port current
* Dynamic waveform data compression
* Device database(power MOS, diodes, bipolars, JFETS)
* 400+ models of switch mode controllers and regulators
* Integrated unlimited hierarchical schematic capture
with unlimited undo and redo
* Multiple plot panes with ganged attached cursors.
* Unlimited redo/redo of plot settings.
* Parametric plotting(often called X-Y plotting)
* Fourier analysis(both .four statements and FFT's of
* Numerous educational example circuits included.
* Free lifetime updates
This is a very easy to use SPICE/Schematic capture system.
It includes clear, on-line help but you should just be able
to mouse it out without reading any documentation. You
draft your circuit and push the "Run" toolbar button.
There are numerous examples included in the
It is the World's fastest SPICE. It started out as a re-
write of Berkeley SPICE 3F4/5 to improve it's performance on
machines with faster processors than memory and to improve
the timestep control of Berkeley SPICE. Professional analog
IC design engineers use it for full-chip, transistor level
simulations. Typical speed-ups over P-SPICE 9.X are three
to six fold. It wins the industry standard transistor-level
SPICE bench mark, the MCNC Bench Mark Suite, in speed and
convergence. Of course, when using it's own mixed-mode
simulator in it's own native HDL, there's nothing like it at